Below you'll find the official results and complete list of winners and finalists for the 2006 TechnoLawyer @ Awards. Congratulations to all!
THE ONE @ AWARD YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ...
You voted for 23 of the 24 @ Awards, which means that one has remained a mystery.
Late last year, we published BlawgWorld 2006: Capital of Big Ideas, a wildly successful eBook with 32,604 downloads to date. BlawgWorld certainly achieved its mission of promoting legal blogs.
Many of the bloggers who participated in BlawgWorld helped us distribute the eBook. Thus, we created a new @ Award — Blawgger of the Year — for the blogger responsible for the largest number of downloads.
The winner? Two of them actually — Stephen Albainy-Jenei and Karlyn Schnapp who co-write Patent Baristas, an excellent blawg that covers big pharma patent news. When they're not blogging, Stephen and Karlyn both practice patent law at Frost Brown Todd LLC in Cincinnati.
If you don't yet have a copy of BlawgWorld, download it today.
THE @ AWARDS THAT YOU CHOSE ...
TechnoLawyer has always worked best when it lets a thousand flowers bloom (Ruth Laura Edlund refers to TechnoLawyer as a "collective mind"). The TechnoLawyer @ Awards certainly fits this model — set up a few basic rules and see what happens.
What typically happens is a display of customer loyalty. The winners and finalists tend to have happy customers willing to take the time to vote via e-mail.
Does market share play a role? Sure, but not as much as enthusiastic customers. Among this year's winners and finalists you will find large companies with mature products, startups with new products, and even large companies with new products.
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists! And thank you for voting!
2006 TECHNOLAWYER @ AWARDS — FINAL RESULTS
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists of the 2006 TechnoLawyer @ Awards. (Finalists are listed in alphabetical order.)
1. FAVORITE TECHNOLAWYER CONTRIBUTOR OF 2005
Ross L. Kodner, MicroLaw, Inc.
2. LEGAL TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT OF THE YEAR
Bill Dertinger, Esquire Consultant Group
There are no finalists for this @ Award.
3. FAVORITE LEGAL WEB SITE
4. FAVORITE LEGAL BLOG (BLAWG)
5. BLAWGGER OF THE YEAR
Stephen Albainy-Jenei & Karlyn Schnapp, Patent Baristas
6. FAVORITE ACCOUNTING SOLUTION
LexisNexis PCLaw/PCLaw Pro
7. FAVORITE CASE/PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
LexisNexis Time Matters
8. FAVORITE DOCUMENT ASSEMBLY/AUTOMATION SOLUTION
9. FAVORITE DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
LexisNexis Time Matters
10. FAVORITE DOCUMENT SECURITY SOLUTION
11. FAVORITE ELECTRONIC DISCOVERY SOLUTION
12. FAVORITE LEGAL FORMS SOLUTION
LexisNexis Automated Forms
13. FAVORITE LEGAL KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
14. FAVORITE LEGAL RESEARCH TOOL
16. FAVORITE LITIGATION ASP
LexisNexis Total Litigator
17. FAVORITE LITIGATION SUPPORT SOLUTION
18. FAVORITE ONLINE CLE PROVIDER
19. FAVORITE PRACTICE AREA SOLUTION
20. FAVORITE TIME-BILLING SOLUTION
LexisNexis Billing Matters
21. FAVORITE TRANSCRIPT MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
22. FAVORITE TRIAL PRESENTATION SOLUTION
23. FAVORITE NEW LEGAL PRODUCT OF 2005
24. FAVORITE TECHNORELEASES OF 2005
ABOUT TECHNOLAWYER @ AWARDS
The most comprehensive set of awards in the legal market, the TechnoLawyer @ Awards recognize customer loyalty. Every year, TechnoLawyer members vote for their favorite blogs, products, services, and Web sites in a variety of categories. In addition, three @ Awards pay tribute to individuals — Favorite TechnoLawyer Contributor, Legal Technology Consultant of the Year, and Blawgger of the Year.
"TechnoLawyer @ Awards" and its accompanying slogan are registered trademarks of PeerViews Inc. Other trademarks are property of their respective owners.