Please Note: TechnoLawyer Linkathon has ended. Read about the winners.
We recently published a free eBook — BlawgWorld 2007 with TechnoLawyer Problem/Solution Guide. It continues to garner favorable reviews, most recently from LLRX. If you don't yet have a copy, please download it now (PDF file).
Today we're launching TechnoLawyer Linkathon — a sweepstakes in which you could win a first prize of $500 or a second prize of $200! The beauty of cold hard cash is spending it however you see fit. Buy the latest must-have gadget or 150 ice cream cones. Indulge yourself!
How to Enter Technolawyer Linkathon ...
Anyone with a blog or Web site that caters to the legal community can participate. TechnoLawyer membership is not required so please tell your friends.
If your blog or site qualifies, just do the following:
1. Link to Our eBook
Simply use this URL to send people to our site where they can download a copy of our eBook (no registration required): http://www.technolawyer.com/r.asp?L12085&M1
You can link to us in one of two ways:
- Place an image of the eBook that we provide along the side of your home page and simply link the image.
- Write about the eBook in a blog post or in an article on or accessible from your home page. Your post/article should contain the eBook's title and the link plus whatever else you want to say (review, description, etc.). Or you can simply use a blurb that we provide.The title of the eBook is: BlawgWorld 2007 with TechnoLawyer Problem/Solution Guide. You can download some blurbs about the eBook as well as some graphics here (.zip file).
Here again is the URL to use in your link: http://www.technolawyer.com/r.asp?L12085&M1
2. Enter the Drawing
Once you have linked to us as outlined above, please email the corresponding Web address of that page on your blog or site along with your contact information (including city and state) to us at: email@example.com
After you enter, you'll receive a confirmation message. If you don't, please contact our customer service department (use the email address listed on the bottom of this page).
We will hold a drawing on November 21, 2007. There will be two prizes. The first prize winner will receive $500, and the second prize winner will receive $200.
Just one entry per blog or Web site. United States residents and blogs/sites only. You must send us your entry by October 31, 2007.
3. The Fine Print
There's no step 3! But we do have official rules. Please review them below. Good luck!
TECHNOLAWYER LINKATHON OFFICIAL RULES
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. TechnoLawyer Linkathon is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date of entry and who operate a blog or Internet Web site that caters to the U.S. legal community. Employees and directors of PeerViews Inc., as well as immediate family members (spouses, children, parents, siblings) and those living in the same household as employees and directors, are not eligible to participate. Eligibility will be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Linkathon is sponsored by PeerViews Inc., 825 Third Avenue, Second Floor, New York, NY 10022 ("Sponsor").
2. TO ENTER: To enter, add the link provided below to your Web site or blog post to send people to our site where they can download our eBook "BlawgWorld 2007 with TechnoLawyer Problem/Solution Guide." The link must be added to your Web site or blog between October 1, 2007 and October 31, 2007. Links added before or after those dates are not eligible for the drawing. Link to our site in one of two ways: (1) place an image of the eBook that we provide along the side of your home page and link the image; or (2) write about the eBook in a blog post or in an article on or accessible from your home page that includes the title of the eBook, the link to it, and whatever else you want to say (review, description, etc.) or use a blurb that we provide on our Web site. The link to our Web site that you must use is: http://www.technolawyer.com/r.asp?L12085&M1. No other link will be eligible even if it goes to the same Web page. Download information, blurbs, graphics and more related to the eBook. Once you have linked to us as described above, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Web address of your blog or Web site containing the link to the eBook, along with your full name, city, state, and email address. Email entries must be received by Sponsor's server no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2007. Limit of one (1) entry per Web site or blog. Incomplete or garbled entries and entries with nonfunctioning links will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are not eligible.
3. DRAWING and PRIZES: One (1) First Prize winner and one (1) Second Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries held on or about November 21, 2007. First Prize winner will receive $500. Second Prize winner will receive $200. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by email within five (5) business days after the drawing and must claim the prize by signing and returning a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) business days of notification. If a potential winner cannot be reached within five (5) business days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, or if potential winner does not timely return the signed claim forms, that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected in at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Any applicable taxes or fees on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. Limit one prize per person. Prizes will be mailed in the form of a check to each winner within four to six weeks after the drawing date. No substitution of prize. Prizes are non-transferable prior to award. Sponsor is not responsible for actions after delivery.
4. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS: By accepting a prize, winners agree that the Sponsor, and those acting under its authority, may use winners' names, cities, likenesses, and Web site or blog titles for advertising and promotional purposes in any media without limitation or obligation, and without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. By entering, you agree that the Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by you for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Linkathon, downloading any materials, or from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or prize-related activity. Void where prohibited.
5. MISCELLANEOUS: All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e- mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Linkathon is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and to select winners from among the email entries received prior to such failure. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen or misdirected mail or email. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, traffic congestion, or any technical error, or for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading the eBook, links or otherwise participating in the Linkathon or using the TechnoLawyer/PeerViews Web site.
6. WINNERS' LIST: For a list of the prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to TechnoLawyer Linkathon Winners, PeerViews Inc., 825 Third Avenue, Second Floor, New York, NY 10022, between October 31 and November 30, 2007. Requests received outside this period will not be processed. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of Winners' List.