Please Note: The Vote for TechnoLawyer Sweepstakes has ended. We'll hold the drawing and announce the winners soon. Thank you to everyone who participated.
An unexpected windfall of $500 to close out 2009 won't get you much closer to retirement, but you could probably put it to good use. That's how much you could win in the Vote for TechnoLawyer Sweepstakes, which takes less than five minutes to enter. But you need to act now because this sweepstakes ends on December 31, 2009.
Vote For TechnoLawyer Blog, Send Us an Email Message, and Win One of Seven Cash Prizes …
Last year, your support helped us win big in the ABA Journal's Blawg 100 competition. TechnoLawyer Blog racked up 1,499 votes.
This year, we face a more crowded field of 13 legal technology blogs. Additionally, the ABA has changed the rules. We can no longer see how many votes we have. Even worse, the ABA now requires registration. Groan.
So to get out the vote we're holding a sweepstakes. Here's how to enter:
1. If you do not yet have an ABA Journal account, please create one. You may want to use a Gmail, Yahoo, etc. address to register.
2. After confirming your registration and logging in, visit the ABA Journal's Blawg 100 voting page, and vote for TechnoLawyer Blog.
3. After voting, send an email message listing your full name, city, state, telephone number, and email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
That's it. If you win, you'll need to sign a declaration indicating that you voted for TechnoLawyer Blog.
Seven of you will win. Two first prize winners will each receive $500, and five second prize winners will each receive $100.
Voting ends on December 31, 2009 at 6 pm EST so don't delay. Please vote for TechnoLawyer Blog now!
VOTE FOR TECHNOLAWYER SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Vote for TechnoLawyer Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date of entry and who vote for TechnoLawyer Blog in the ABA Journal Blawg 100. Employees and directors of PeerViews Inc., as well as immediate family members (spouses, children, parents, siblings) and those living in the same household as employees and directors, are not eligible to participate. Eligibility will be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Vote for TechnoLawyer Sweepstakes is sponsored by PeerViews Inc., 100 Church Street, Eighth Floor, New York, NY 10007 ("Sponsor").
2. TO ENTER: To enter, vote for TechnoLawyer Blog on the ABA Journal's Blawg 100 Technology Web page. If you have not previously registered with the ABA Journal you must do so first and confirm your registration. Registration with the ABA Journal is free. After voting, send an email message to email@example.com with your full name, city, state, telephone number, and email address. Email entries must be received by Sponsor's server no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2009. Limit of one (1) entry per person. Incomplete or garbled entries and entries without the requisite contact information will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are not eligible.
3. DRAWING and PRIZES: Two (2) First Prize winners and five (5) Second Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries held on or about January 15, 2010. First Prize winners will each receive $500. Second Prize winners will each receive $100. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by email within five (5) business days after the drawing and must claim the prize by signing and returning a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) business days of notification. If a potential winner cannot be reached within five (5) business days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, or if potential winner does not timely return the signed claim forms, that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected in at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Any applicable taxes or fees on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. Limit one prize per person. Prizes will be mailed in the form of a check to each winner within four to six weeks after the drawing date. No substitution of prize. Prizes are non-transferable prior to award. Sponsor is not responsible for actions after delivery.
4. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS: By accepting a prize, winners agree that the Sponsor, and those acting under its authority, may use winners' names, cities, and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes in any media without limitation or obligation, and without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. By entering, you agree that the Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by you for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Vote for TechnoLawyer Sweepstakes, downloading any materials, or from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or prize-related activity. Void where prohibited.
5. MISCELLANEOUS: All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e- mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Vote for TechnoLawyer Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and to select winners from among the email entries received prior to such failure. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen or misdirected mail or email. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, traffic congestion, or any technical error, or for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Vote for TechnoLawyer Sweepstakes.
6. WINNERS' LIST: For a list of the prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Vote for TechnoLawyer Sweepstakes Winners, PeerViews Inc., 100 Church Street, Eighth Floor, New York, NY 10007, between December 31, 2009 and January 31, 2010. Requests received outside this period will not be processed. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of Winners' List.